"Letters To Dust"



It appears the world only stopped for me.
Was your heavenly gaze sent to torture me?
I will tell myself lies if it can erase the time-
God's voice and idea entered my mind.


What love is rare to ever compare to half of what I felt.
Left now with knees knelt-
Recollections I plan to melt-
Send these poems to their final resting place.
A match, some wood, and a cold hard beach.
That love complete -I somehow ruined with my speech.


A final stand that I cant stand for...
Words left to echo until your love is more
Yet I will let you pass with loving eyes
To see you fall for those clever tries.


These tears fall down familiar streams.
Your dress- Those looks- forever a dream-
Today I just cant get far enough away from me.
I could ignore your face the day I no longer see.


Never...
Must you ever assume-
That my love has lost its tune.
Ill always be somewhere writing
a new melody for you...


I'll find the Cafe's that you would choose...
It's the least that I can do-
I'd send you letters in heaven if I knew the room...
Still I got to see you..


It appears the girl who writes underneath that tree
Is everyday more like me
Wasting poetry on deaf ears- still
This is only half of what my eyes can hear.


A love so blind that it blinded me-
But not before the glimpse of heaven I got to see...
That I will always love you is my only apology.







Popular Posts