Basic Farewell






My fear is that she no longer waits... That she has grown far too accustomed with the meaningless lies. 
My fear is that the older she grows- She has settled for what is in front of her and not the miracle...
Worn pencils break and notebooks continue to fill for her as proof of my faith
I'm not over the sleepless nights or the way some words landed but my heart continues to land here for her...
Too often I regress into this page and the next... Calling deeper into my dreams....

Basic actions have become my introduction - A farewell that will never end...

I've fallen for a woman I've never even seen 
Dreaming night into day ...
Once again I try to lift her up from the same lines meant to constrict my imagination-
I roam free for her and every so often she raises her head to welcome in the stars...
It is this optimism that gathers me out of bed to write...

I am with her and she is the muse I continue to seek- 

No longer am I constrained by the idea that I have to be perfect or that she has to live up to my expectation - 
Instead I have fallen for the one who waits...
I am clueless to her arrival and thank God...
Perhaps I love how I know nothing at all adding to the mystery ...
How she has broken down to her knees for the very same dream-

I can't leave her -What chance is there that she has risen to believe once again?
She smiles for the first time today...  Now I can finally rest...

Popular Posts